12.16.2009

A Family That Bakes Together...

The girls helping me bake for our ward Christmas party. We made pumpkin pie cake. For some reason it didn't turn out as good as it usually does. I tried a little tweaking- which I should probably not do since I'm not really so good at cooking in the first place. I didn't take a picture of it- here's the recipe- it's one of the best tasting (if you do it right) desserts you'll ever have.



Pumpkin Pie Cake

1 pkg yellow cake mix (set 1 cup of cake mix aside)
Melt 1/2 c butter and mix with 1 egg - Mix egg and butter mixture with cake mix and spread in bottom of 9 x 13 cake pan.

Mix and pour over cake mixture
1 large can of pumpkin
2/3 cup milk
3 eggs
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1- 1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 c sugar
pinch of nutmeg and cloves

Top with
Mix together-
1 cup cake mix
1/2 c flour
1/2 t baking powder
3/4 c sugar
cut in 1/2 cup butter until fine (with pastry fork)
Spread over pumpkin mixture

cook at 350 for 1 hour

BTW - I went to visit my friend Di, who was in town from NYC, after the party and realized my shirt was on backwards- kind of embarrassing...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails