2.08.2012

DIY ~ Pom Pom Heart Wreath

So I may have been going through pom pom making withdrawals- did you know I made over  300 pom poms during the Christmas holidays? It's true-  I may have become a little addicted.



The goods
heart wreath
yarn- this wreath took 3 skeins 
{I chose a red that had a sparkly piece of yarn running through it- I'm also addicted to shiny things}
pom pom maker 
{you can use your fingers but you will never regret buying one of these- I promise}
fabric
scissors
short straight pins


1 ~ cut your fabric about 2 inches wide- the length needs to 
be as long as possible but if you need to cut 2 or 3 strips that's fine also 
{you can add to what you are doing at any time by pinning the new fabric down}


2 ~ pin the end of the fabric down at an angle on the heart
{you'll be wrapping the fabric around the wreath on an angle}

3 ~ wrap the fabric around the wreath until you are finished- 
you'll have to manipulate the fabric around the angles of the heart- make sure to pin the end of the fabric down or any pieces you had to add to the wreath




4 ~ start making your pom poms!


5 ~ tie your pom poms around your wreath 
{another option is to use a hot glue gun instead- probably faster}


make sure to tie the pom pom in a double knot- 
you can see where I pinned the ends of the fabric just below 
the pom pom to keep the fabric in place


half way done!


this is how your back will look- such a mess!


5 ~ I like to twist all the ends around- kind of like twisting hair-  pin the yarn down as you go 
{I suppose you can just cut them as well- but I'm too scared the knots will fall out}


6 ~ cut off some yarn & tie it around the center of the top 
of your heart making sure to make a loop- this is to hang your heart with


adorn with a cute deer if you want & if you can't decide
 what deer you like best let them take turns!

elsa

* check out some of my other Valentines Day diy's hereherehereherehere, here

4 comments:

bex said...

i made a zillion pompoms at christmas too. i thought i'd go all DIY and made my pompom templates from cardboard, but it got a little sloppy. those little pompom makers look awesome.

Unknown said...

bex- they are the best

kirsten said...

SO cute, esp. with the deer!

(came over from stephanie's blog - i remember meeting you at eva's shower! i'm her SIL, and you were SO nice to my daughter, i still remember. nice 'running into you' again!)

elsa bags said...

K- Yes I remember you & your cute daughter! Nice meeting you too. thanks for coming over to my blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails